1. Rasulullah () loved white clothing. (Tirmidhi , Ibne Majah)
2. When putting on any garment, put on the right sleeve or leg first, then the left. (Tirmidhi-Chapter on clothing)
3. Keep the trouser, kurta, lungi, ect. above the ankles. Allah Ta’ala becomes displeased with a person who allows any garment to hang lower than the ankles. Rasulullah () has said that Allah Ta’ala will not look with mercy at that person who allows his garment to hang lower than his ankles. (Bukhari , Muslim)
4. When wearing new clothes, recite this Dua.
Trans: All praise is due to Allah who gave me this cloth to wear and granted me this without my exerting any effort or strength.
5. It is Sunnat to have a Topi (cap) under the turban ( Mirqaat- Vol. 8, pg.250)
6. Rasulullah () used to like wearing the kurta. (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood)
7. It is Sunnat to tie a black turban. It is also Sunnat to leave a tail at the back. (Nasai)
8. It is Sunnat to wear a Topi ( Mirqaat- Vol. 8, pg.246)
9. When removing any kurta, first remove the left sleeve of the kurta. In the same manner, when removing the trousers, first remove the left leg.
10. First put on the right shoe, then the left. (Abu Dawood, Bukhari, Muslim)
11. When removing the shoes, first remove the left then the right. (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood)